Thursday, January 5, 2012

3 New Emerald Guitars models coming soon!

Today Alistair Hay, CEO of Emerald Guitars has announced 3 brand new models that will be released in shortly. i'm really thrilled regarding them!

here is his post at Macnichol.com Forum:

As many will know Ive been working on 3 new designs which I had hoped to release this month to mark the new year but as is common things dont always go to plan so I thought I would at least partially stick to my promise and give you some preliminary details.

The new models are T8, X20-OS and a double neck 12 string 6 string.


The T8
Travel guitars have been a huge part of our business in the past few years so it only makes sense to expand this line. The T8 is similar in proportions to the X7 with a 13.5" body width but is a non cutaway and similar styling to the T20, in fact you could call it the T20's little brother. It will have a 1 3/4 nut width, 24" scale and will come as standard with a truss rod. The top is also getting a different approach and will offer something a little special. All in all this will be another little gem.

The X20-OS
The X20-OS has taken many twists in its birth and in fact I started out to build an X10-OS. I wanted to create something that would sit between the X10 and X30 and give a much bigger warmer sound while maintaining the small feel of the X10. It has alot of soundboard space but due to some unique body sculpting it feels incredible comfortable and sits very stable in your lap. I wont say too much more about the body design as its best to wait and see it as words dont do justice to it.
Really this guitar has become a platform for alot of my new inovations and is the reason for the delays. I discovered some very exciting new concepts during its design and I have to hold out to be sure its all perfected. This is certainly not a case of the same guitars in a different shape, this is a whole new approach.

The Double neck
The double neck has been an interest for me for quite a while and since building my first last year I received a number of custom comissions which took my interest deeper. Then after building an acoustic bass for Hugh McDonald from BonJovi I got invited to hang out with the band after their gig in Dublin and got to talk to Richie Sambora about his double neck guitars. My fate was sealed. Everything aligned in my mind and it seemed like a good idea to design a production double neck guitar that truly shows all the benefits of carbon fiber.

Carbon is the secret sauce that allows this guitar to be light, managable, ergonomic, strong and sound great acoustically. The Ovation double neck has been the only production double neck out there for many years so this will take the double neck to a new level.

Sure It may not be everybodies cup of tea but I think its areas like this that carbon can not just compete with the competition but blow it away.
So thats a little glimpse into the future of Emerald Guitars. As I write this Im tucked up in bed with a bad head cold so Im even further behind. Looking back 2011 was an awesome year for us but looking forward to 2012 it almost scares me how many exciting things are coming up.

Glad your all along for the ride.
Alistair  

No comments:

Post a Comment